Search for content in message boards

John/Vincent Verrall - forgery

Replies: 3

John/Vincent Verrall - forgery

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 7:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Talk about your brick wall- my great grandfather John Verrall born 1864 in England and arrived in USA around 1883, was a convicted felon with a dozen aliases which he himself confessed to when he turned himself in to the Indianapolis police dept in 1901. After release from the Michigan prison he set up a forgery school and was again arrested and sentenced to 10 years in Dunemore (?) state prison in NY where he appears on the 1910 census. All above information is from newspaper articles NOT my handed down family history. In the articles he claims to be from a well to do family in Tunbridge Wells Kent England that is related to the Neville family. He married my great grandmother Margaret Sachs in New York City Aug 1893 under the name of Vincent St John Verrall. They had a daughter Edith Verrall in May 1894 and a son (my grandfather) Ralph in Dec 1895 who was born in Atlanta while his father (according to family history) was an artist in the Atlanta
Expo. Anyway here is a list of some of his aliases and locations he used them. Please let me know if anything rings a bell.
H.V WEST-Cincinnati, Vincent NEVILLE, Evansville, Vincent St John VERRALL- NY, V R LORD- Philadelphis, J H VERRALL-Boston, Vincent WEST-Boston, Chicago, V T BERKELEY-Boston,
T V LATHAM-Halifax Nova Scotia, K D WEST-Toronto, W K WEST- Hamilton Co, H Vincent WEST-Dayton
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
melborre 2 Mar 2013 2:08PM GMT 
jonniloo 2 Mar 2013 8:24PM GMT 
melborre 11 Mar 2013 8:57PM GMT 
Merice46 12 Mar 2013 4:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions