Search for content in message boards

Booth family- Where to go from here?

Replies: 2

Booth family- Where to go from here?

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 3:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I wonder if someone more knowledgable could possibly help or offer some guidance?

I have today received the marriage certificate of my 3rd GGrandparents, Thomas Leedham & Caroline Booth who married at Southwark Register office in Dec 1839.

The fathers of bride & groom are given as George Leedham & Charles Booth, a shoemaker, Charles was also a witness to this marriage

I know from census info that Caroline Booth was born c1817 and in either Tonbridge or Cranbrook, Kent.

My problem as such is I am trying to locate either a baptism record for Caroline or find some census info on Charles?

All I know about Charles is from the marriage cert ie that he was a shoemaker and was alive in 1839? However, I have located a Charles Booth born c1791 Cranbrook, Kent on the 1861 census, his occupation is given as shoemaker and he is in a workhouse in Chatham St Paul's ( Ref RG9/483/143/2 ) he is stated as a widower, I have tried to locate this person on 1851 census without success??

Anyway that's it! If anyone can help or offer some guidance I would be extremely grateful.

Kind regards

Robert Salisbury
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
salisbury283 13 Apr 2013 9:48AM GMT 
JulsRyde9 14 Apr 2013 5:25AM GMT 
salisbury283 14 Apr 2013 7:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions