Search for content in message boards

Tournier history Pre 1799

Replies: 6

Re: Tournier history Pre 1799 Joesph

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 1:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Mike,

As this is in response to a posting dated 2004, I hope that you are still interested.

My mother, Elvie Irene Tournier, often spoke of a Bonnie, Laurie (my spelling) and Tommy Tournier so often that I thought they were her brothers and a sister. So, when I began tracing the family tree, I was surprised to find that they did not appear to be in it. Not only that, but I could not find any records of their births, marriages or deaths. I then began to think that they must be cousins and/or possibly, born overseas.

However, I did find a number of references to Lawrie (the jockey)in the newspaper archives. Indeed, the last entry referred to him winning a few races in NZ. My mother told me he was a jockey and that Tommy (?)was a trainer. In her later years, my mother and her younger sister Eileen used to visit a Bonnie in Geelong and, when Eileen died, I found an address for an Albert (no surname): Te Kowhai, Road 8, Frankton, New Zealand.

Without going into detail, I can confirm that our family originally came from Switzerland, first migrated to England and later migrated to Australia from there. Bill, the relative in Queensland is most likely my mother's brother William (who did like the races).

We may be able to help each other to fill in some gaps.

Cheers,

Jack R
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ronald Tournier 10 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
RoseTournier 3 Oct 2001 10:27PM GMT 
barr17 17 Jul 2003 5:42AM GMT 
Mike Tournier 16 Apr 2004 3:18AM GMT 
latinqtr1 13 Dec 2012 8:33AM GMT 
latinqtr1 14 Dec 2012 4:19AM GMT 
barr17 15 Dec 2012 12:35AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions