Search for content in message boards

Tracing My Convict Ancestors

Replies: 5

Re: Tracing My Convict Ancestors

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 4:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
I don't know if you mean to come across the way in which you are, but it sounds like you are calling me stupid or a liar.

I am working from present to past. I have found Jeremiah on the 1891 census. However, he is listed under the name of Jeremiah Goggins, which is the name of his mother's second husband. It says he was born in Poplar. I haven't found him on the 1901 census, but I have found him on the 1911 census, where the aunt I mentioned, Lily, is also listed. This census also says he was born in Poplar.

I only said that there was some doubt as to whether he was born here or in Ireland, because I can't find his birth certificate and my older cousins were under the impression he was born in Ireland. I thought that it could have been possible for his father to have gone back to Ireland at the time that he was born and registered the birth there, but for Jeremiah to think that he was born here.

I have found his father Stephen on the 1871 and 1881 census, which state that he was born in Ireland. I don't know much about tracing Irish relatives yet, but I assume that I would need to take a trip to Ireland to find out more, but I am still researching this.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LyneeTaylor 31 Oct 2012 10:31PM GMT 
cathnoble 2 Nov 2012 5:41PM GMT 
LyneeTaylor 3 Nov 2012 4:24PM GMT 
cathnoble 4 Nov 2012 3:09PM GMT 
infosending1 23 Dec 2012 1:47PM GMT 
LyneeTaylor 23 Dec 2012 11:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic