To make sure I interpret them right, a few questions.
I see differences in Wards and years, but common are the columns:
Rent-(not always) Proprietor-(room for name)-Personal-Redeemed or Rent again or Real.
- Did both tenants and proprietor pay these taxes?
- Was "Rent" the rent that was actually paid per year, or the estimated rent-value?
- Am I right in assuming that the last column is the amount of yearly tax that was due?
- What does an amount mean in the column Personal?
- If there is a column Proprietor, but only occasionally a name is filled in in a whole book, what does that tell me?