Search for content in message boards

Shepperd in Kent and Eltham 1911-1970

Replies: 3

Shepperd in Kent and Eltham 1911-1970

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 2:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shepperd, Barker, Dutfield, Hastings
Hello,

I am doing research on a Shepperd family that lived around Kent and Eltham south-east London from about 1911 to 1970.

I am in Australia and my father's father was a Maurice Shepperd, born in 1905 son of Joseph and Letitia. Maurice came to Australia for ten or so years arriving just before the start of the WW2. My father was born in 1941 and Maurice joined the war effort around the same time. He had some trouble in the war and after, lived apart from the family. He finally went back to England sometime in the late forties or early 1950's. My father never got to know him or his parents and knows nothing about that side of his family.

So far in my research I have discovered Maurice had 3 siblings: Ivy Grace, Harold, and Hubert. I would really like to know more about this family.

I have already found and added almost all of the available records for the Shepperds and their close realtions, however apart from the 1911 census and a birth certificate there is no other information for Maurice Shepperd who I am keenly interested in.

Please feel free to check my tree and message me if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Gabriel
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gsshepperd 12 Mar 2013 8:28AM GMT 
montana56 17 Mar 2013 1:54AM GMT 
montana56 18 Mar 2013 10:21PM GMT 
gsshepperd 21 Mar 2013 10:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions