Search for content in message boards

Dr Keith Swainger - University of London

Replies: 5

Re: Dr Keith Swainger - University of London

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 3:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi there! Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I knew (and respected/admired) Keith Swainger when I was a young postgrad researcher at Portsmouth College (now Portsmouth Uni) in the UK 65-68. Keith became a Research Fellow in our Department of Engineering after he had returned to the UK after a long spell as Professor of Mathematics at Sydney Uni. He was clearly a brilliant man and a leader in his particular mathematical field of Vector Analysis (very important in some branches of Engineering Science). I got to know him well academically when he offered to conduct some 'master class' lectures for the Department's staff. His mind and theories were so advanced that he 'lost' most of our colleagues by the end of the first lecture ... only two of us continued long-term as inspired and admiring acolytes. He told us quite a few details of his previous professional career, but the nature of some of that information was pretty sensitive and confidential and I would prefer not to reveal it here (however, you can contact me privately at gerrish@wimborneit.net with some details of your own identity if you wish to explore that further). I know nothing else of him outside of that sphere and lost contact completely when I moved on from Portsmouth at the end of '68. Kind regards, Gerrish
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Peter Swainger 5 Feb 2006 8:14AM GMT 
cameronhazleh... 2 Nov 2012 9:07AM GMT 
grove27 3 Nov 2012 11:51PM GMT 
gerrish54 1 Jan 2013 5:11PM GMT 
grove27 1 Jan 2013 8:22PM GMT 
gerrish54 22 Jan 2013 10:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions