Search for content in message boards

Letitia Beamsley nee Kennard / Hennard b.~1821 uk & d.1853 NZ. Wife of J. Beamsley.

Replies: 5

Letitia Beamsley nee Kennard / Hennard b.~1821 uk & d.1853 NZ. Wife of J. Beamsley.

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 7:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Mar 2013 3:10PM GMT
Surnames: Kennard / Kennerd, Beamsley, Cannon/Cannan
Hi,

I am looking for information about Letitia Beamsley nee Kennard who is my 3rd great grandmother. I am not certain of where she was born, however on the 1841 census she is recorded as "Letitia KENNERD" & is living with a Henry Daws, William Bates, William Merret, & John Merret. Now there is a lot of speculation/uncertainty about this woman's parents/maiden name - it includes Kennerd/Kennard/Hennerd,& Cannon.

Letitia m. James BEAMSLEY(of Stokenchurch, Oxfordshire. Son of William Beamsley, farmer, & Mary Beamsley nee Bates) at Stokenchurch. They married 20 Oct 1841 (shortly after the 1841 census).

James was the youngest of his siblings & probably did not inherit his father's farm - so he & Letitia immigrated to Nelson NZ via the Barque Mary (depart: 2 Nov 1848, arrived: 24 Feb 1849).

Letitia died in NZ Oct 1853 age ~32, of cancer. Her death certificate does not name her parents. The Informant: George Bonnington. She died in Waimea, Nelson, NZ & I think she has an unmarked grave.

If anyone can please help me with any information about Letitia - in particular her birth/marriage vitals & parents names, I would be extremely grateful. Please could you contact me?
Thank you.

Regards
Christine

UPDATE: I have since found out that her father's name is William Kennard, through the marriage record. I am still looking for further details on her father & mother.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ChristineQnzr 26 Feb 2013 2:34PM GMT 
PennyEves1 2 Mar 2013 8:55AM GMT 
PennyEves1 2 Mar 2013 12:11PM GMT 
ChristineQnzr 3 Mar 2013 6:48AM GMT 
ChristineQnzr 17 Mar 2013 3:13PM GMT 
Temteach 20 Aug 2013 9:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic