Search for content in message boards

would a marriage in Italy in 1947 have been registered in the UK

Replies: 10

Re: would a marriage in Italy in 1947 have been registered in the UK

Posted: 29 Mar 2014 11:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Mar 2014 11:02AM GMT
Hello carole_anne48,

I notice this post is a year old (well nearly), but thought I would add something.

I think you may have to go through National Archives for this information, but not 100% on this. However, I suggest you take a look at their site or if in UK you ring them and they can guide you.

Don't hold you breath though, my grandfather was with the British Embassy in Moscow and no they cannot give you that information or won't for some reason and refer you to everyone and anyone. I too have full information on my family member, but it is of little support.

I have spent hours and hours and all that goes with getting translations from English to Russian and in the end Moscow Archives turned out to be brilliant in their help. Waiting currently for the marriage certificate from Russia. It does not match anything like those of the UK, but gives a lot of information.

You could try the Italian Archives if they exist or on genes site they have an area for overseas marriages. If you care to respond with some details, I will be happy to have a look although Ancestry may have these too.

Good luck,
mj7777
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mj7777 29 Mar 2014 5:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions