Search for content in message boards

UK marriage records only show Vol. / Page

Replies: 4

Re: UK marriage records only show Vol. / Page

Posted: 5 Jun 2014 4:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
For England and Wales you can buy a copy of the marriage certificate either from the register office in question or the General Register Office. The GRO has a website where you can purchase certificates. All you need are the names of one or both of the couple, the name of the district, the volume and page numbers - these are the ones you have already found.
The local register office, where the original will be held, is a bit more tricky as a lot of offices have 'moved' with local boundary changes so tracking down where the register is now held can be awkward; and a lot do not allow on-line ordering. If you do find the correct register office, the volume and page numbers you have found will not apply; those are only for the GRO.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
troybooth13 20 May 2014 1:48AM GMT 
carobradford 20 May 2014 8:55AM GMT 
suze53 5 Jun 2014 10:28AM GMT 
triciay65 1 Dec 2014 1:47AM GMT 
Holland1901 30 Jan 2015 9:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic