Search for content in message boards

Charles Dean Portballintrae/Bushmills 1800s

Replies: 3

Re: Charles Dean Portballintrae/Bushmills 1800s

Posted: 20 Oct 2008 9:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Tom,
I'm trying to obtain information regarding Antonio Versace who married Annie Dean in Australia. I've copied the information here that I posted on the Deans. I would be most greatful if you could supply me with any information to help my search.
Thanks, Leonie

I am trying to trace my gg grandfather Antonio Filippe. He disappeared/deserted after my gg grandmother died in Melbourne in 1883 leaving 4 children in Ballarat. I am trying to figure out one way or another if Antonio Versace (who married Annie Dean) could be my gg grandfather. The signature on the marriage certificate of Antonio Filippe matches the signature on the marriage certificate of Antonio Versace. Do you have any information on Antonio Versace? When he was born? When he came to Australia? Any family stories passed down? Did he have any history in Melbourne. My gg grandfather owned a restaurant in Melbourne, as well as a shop in Carlton. Family stories say he travelled alot and I was also told he was a sea man? I have been trying for 30 years on and off to find him. It would be interesting if any stories filtered down through your family match those of mine. Or is his past a mystery?
A professional researcher at Ballarat felt strongly that Antonio Versace could be my gg grandfather and after I looked at the signatures, had to agree.
I do hope that you may be able to help me.
If you would like to write to me by email - leonienelson@yahoo.com

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tom Henderson 26 Nov 2006 11:15AM GMT 
LeonieNelson1... 20 Oct 2008 3:58PM GMT 
VictoriaBoydN... 22 Feb 2013 7:50PM GMT 
VictoriaBoydN... 22 Feb 2013 7:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions