Search for content in message boards

John Morton born 1762? County Antrim, Ireland

Replies: 9

Re: John Morton born 1762? County Antrim, Ireland

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 6:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morton, Wakefield
I have registered and I am waiting to be able to use the wensite. In the meantime are you related to John Morton or just referring me to Tom Whams history for info on the Mortons? I did get the marriage of John Morton to Mary Peadin confirmed at the website scotland people. This is supposingly the parents of James Morton b 1730 antrim, Ireland? who married Jane Peden. Is this why you refer me to rootschat or is it because of my numerous post that deal with Morton/Wakefield and the reference to John Morton, the signer of the D of I that most family trees in ancestry, archives, family serch, etc refer me to? This is a family story shown by info for David Morton, their son, page 207 The Pedens in America, and their son John Morton, record for The Offical roster of the soldiers of the American Revolution buried in the state of Ohio as is posted at the beginning of this thread? You see I have spent much time researching Mortons in regard to Elizabeth Morton Wakefield and most trees list her as the dau of John Morton, the signer, and this is absolutely false but no one really cares. They want to be related to a signer of the D of I. I disproved this to the Societys who benefit from such descendants. My post at rootsweb- Wakefield Morton families will show you this. However amazingly I have a record of a John Morton, DAR ancestor # A081813 that shows a different John Morton born in Ireland that his service is listed as 1) member of the Comm of 100 2)del to provincial congress. And I have the records to prove this service but no one really cares! and if you look at the Pedens in America page 207 you will find David Morton, the son of John and Jane Peden Morton referencing his father as the brother of the signer of the D of I. And then we have the son this post is about who also refers to midnight meeting concerning the D of I and I believe it is a family story that is leading me not to John Morton, the real signer, they say, from Ridley, Chester Co., Pa who most people will tell you is the father of my Elizabeth Morton. However if you ignore all that and Chester Co., Pa you will find a record of marriage for Thomas Wakefield whose spouse is listed as Elizabeth Morton, marriage date 1785, and spouse birth date is 1765. And then you will find an immigration record for John Morton (39) and Jane Peden Morton (26) who emigrated in 1767-1768 with their 3 children David 7, John 7, Elizabeth 2. And these records match if you do away with the family story told in David's story in the Peden history page 207 and in John Morton's Rev War record I cite for this thread. Elizabeth Morton's history has been lost to her descendants who want her to be the dau of John Morton, the signer, from Ridley, Chester Co., Pa. and they do not care if his dau Elizabeth died from consumption UNMARRIED at her brothers home Aaron previous home to John Morton. It doesn't matter if you look at family trees they even have the gall to attach the marriage record that shows the spouse as being born in 1765-they list 1760-to match up with Elizabeth the dau of the signer John Morton. And there is no marriage record for 1779 in Chester County, Pa just look! And no birth record either. And no one care about the ancestor record from the DAR database ancestor #081813-for a John Morton born in Ireland-closer to being a descendant of Elizabeth Morton than the ancestor # 081814-Johh Morton, Ridley, Chester County, Pa record. Do you understand? And no I still cannot get on rootschat. Try and chat with me-same email account. Cindy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
coetting57 29 Jan 2013 3:45PM GMT 
maggie0408blu... 30 Jan 2013 12:01PM GMT 
coetting57 30 Jan 2013 5:23PM GMT 
coetting57 31 Jan 2013 3:05PM GMT 
maggie0408blu... 31 Jan 2013 3:48PM GMT 
coetting57 31 Jan 2013 10:43PM GMT 
coetting57 3 Feb 2013 2:00AM GMT 
coetting57 14 Feb 2013 10:33PM GMT 
coetting57 15 Feb 2013 1:56AM GMT 
coetting57 3 Feb 2013 1:48AM GMT 
per page