Search for content in message boards

McAninch, MacAninch County Antrim, N. Ireland

Replies: 1

Re: McAninch, MacAninch County Antrim, N. Ireland

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 12:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
You have early dates, looking later
Dating from 1859 to 1861 and not including the poorest, the source Griffiths Valuation
http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/index. gives a total of 9 homesteads in all of Ireland with two of your four named spellings. The places are in
Co Antrim
KIRKINRIOLA civil parish Carnlea townland
DERRYKEIGHAN civil parish Tullybane townland
BALLYMONEY civil parish Calheme townland
BALLYMONEY civil parish Dunaghy townland
BALLYMONEY civil parish Dunaghy townland
BALLYMONEY civil parish Greenshields, Upper
SHANKILL civil parish Agnes Street Belfast
Co Londonderry
eg KILLOWEN CHURCHLAND (PART OF) townland Place Name KYLE'S BRAE
eg MACOSQUIN civil parish Bushtown Dunaghy townland.
There are no entries for the other spellings MacAonghas, MacAonghais

So it is a good first source but bits of census prior 1901 exist I would suggest that’s a starting point of where to concentrate searching first under civil parish, then townland, but finally you will be drawn into surviving church records.

The Ulster Historical Foundation in its on line website ancestryireland has 1 birth and 22 marriages and a death the earliest date mentioned is 1843 Have a look yourself. They can do the research for you as they are a fee paying charity. They charge for giving any extra detail than shown in their indexs.

Street directories exist for Belfast and carry a little extra on country towns etc see www.lennonwylie.

I think I would try the free ballymoney website http://www.ballymoneyancestry.com
And PRONI next

Good luck, onwards hoping others will know more to help you
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mmmmikkimac 31 Mar 2013 7:55AM GMT 
jimsanssouci 4 Apr 2013 6:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions