Search for content in message boards

Dunseith-Dunseath-Dunsheath

Replies: 5

Dunseith-Dunseath-Dunsheath

Posted: 5 Nov 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Apr 2003 3:24PM GMT
Surnames: DUNSEITH, DUNSEATH, DUNSHEAT

I search for information on Sarah Dunseath/Dunseith who married James Brownlee(s). They lived in the Ballymena-Broughshane-Buckna area of County Antrim, Northern Ireland. We only have sketchy information on Sarah and the Dunseath family, as follows:

-- Sarah and James probably married prior to 1838 (first known child born 1839)
-- Sarah's sister named Roseann had two illegitimate children, one by a Christopher Montgomery, the other by a Brownlee(s).
-- Family attended the Buckna Presbyterian Church east of Ballymena and Broughshane
-- In 1850 her father, his wife and 2 children were living with James and Sarah at Kilnacopagh
-- In 1850, and Alex Dunsheath, his wife and 7 children lived at Taminybrack but by 1852 the 9 of them were living at Ballinacaird; in 1853 they were living at Rocavan. In 1857 they were in the minister's house at Lougmore "for convenience." Dec 29-3, 1857 the minister of the Buckna church visited Alex Dunseath & wife – family in “Big John’s” ?? house
-- Sarah's Dunseath father (name unknown) had only one arm later in life (by March, 1852 but not listed as "one-armed" in 1850)
-- May 1857 James Dunseath Nancy Dunseath were communicants at the Buckna Presybterian Church
-- Dec. 1866 a James (?) Robinson of Kilnacopagh whose wife was a Dunseith was listed in Buckna church records.

The ties to James, Nancy and Alex are uncertain but we assume a connection somewhere, we just haven't found it yet. I also have notes on George and Nancy D. who are buried at Clough, David who attended the Buckna church, James and wife (Buckna church).

If anyone is interested, I have lovely photos of Sarah (Dunseath) and James Brownlee.

I'd very much appreciate hearing from someone - anyone - with information on this family. It's one of several N Irish brick walls!

Thank you. Merrily Tunnicliff in Iowa

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
@@JBParts@hea... 5 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
vicdunseith 24 Oct 2005 5:12PM GMT 
Merrily 24 Oct 2005 5:15PM GMT 
wshaw46 3 Mar 2013 4:58AM GMT 
maryoak64 3 Mar 2013 11:25PM GMT 
wshaw46 3 Mar 2013 11:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions