Search for content in message boards

magee family belfast 1850's

Replies: 8

Re: magee family belfast 1850's

Posted: 18 Sep 2013 10:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: magee wilson maxwell sheils mcconville fallen
Also researching Belfast Catholic Magees in same time period, some lower Falls and others on the Down side of Belfast. The names Ephraim (sometimes recorded as Abraham) and Charlotte seem to carry through.

Have purchased many bapt and marriage records trying to pin this family down. Happy to exchange any info I have in the hopes of tying these people together.

The only record I have for this generation with a definite connection to my family is a St Matthew's 1858 bapt cert for an Alice Magee, dau of Abraham Magee and Agnes Smyth, which shows my gf and gm as sponsors, John Sheils and Charlotte Maxwell. Charlotte's mother was Teresa Magee (m Thomas Maxwell).

There is another record which Teresa Maxwell as the sponsor at the 1857 St Patrick's bapt of a Teresa Magee, dau of (illegible) I____ Magee and Agnes Wilson. Found an Isaac Magee in Ballinderry and was wondering if that was what was illegible. Really perplexed about the biblical names for Catholics and suspect they were baptd with different forenames which may be why I'm having such a hard time locating records for them.

Feel this family is connected in some way to the 1851 Census Magee family in Lurgill, Ballinderry, which shows a SHARLET and two EPHRIMs.

Have found evidence of later generations connecting to the names McConville (Ballynafeigh) and Fallo(e)n (Lower Falls).

Happy to help with any questions or lookups, so please don't hesitate to ask. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
maggie 29 Jun 2004 12:27PM GMT 
Hugh Macartney 30 Jun 2004 7:29PM GMT 
maggie 30 Jun 2004 10:37PM GMT 
brian 23 Jul 2004 8:03PM GMT 
cjmcerlean 18 Sep 2013 4:23PM GMT 
paulgolden192 16 Sep 2009 9:00PM GMT 
maggiespoons 19 Sep 2009 9:54PM GMT 
agus_gaeilge 31 Jan 2013 9:38AM GMT 
d5d_ 16 Mar 2013 1:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions