Search for content in message boards

Scullin

Replies: 34

Re: Blaney's & Ahoghill

John Mulholland (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2003 2:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Sharon,

My Neeson contacts are through Margie (Frank in Australia and others) but Margie seems to have a consolidated view. I sent the details below to Frank some time ago and although there are a lot of possible connections there is nothing strong enough to connect the Neesons to my line of Mulhollands - does any of the below sound familiar ?

I made contact with a William (real name Liam) Neeson in Alexandria (nr Dumbarton, Scotland) who has unknown family connections with my Mulholland lineage from Ireland. Unfortunately he has very little detailed information but what he did have was tantilising.

He has no dates but Liam is nearly 60 so you can put approximate dates if you allow 25 years per generation

His great grandparents (estimated born about 1865) were William Neeson and Mary Mulholland. He had another Great Grandmother called Madden. His Grandparents (estimated born about 1890) were John Neeson and Catherine Neeson from "Cloney". He believes Catherine Neeson was actually her maiden name and came from Ballybollan. They were "very good friends" with a John and Catherine Hardy who ran the village shop in Cloney. Liam's father (estimated born about 1915) was a William Neeson who had an aunt Mae, brothers (Liam's uncles) John, Cairn (I presume that's a man's name!) and Thomas and a sister Cathy who he thinks is still in Ireland (but he doesn't know where). His Great Aunt Mae lives in Luton but she appears to be unwilling (maybe unable) to elaborate on what Liam knows.

We believe Thomas emigrated to Philidelphia some time after 1942 and his son, Titus, left for New York some time later again.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rogers_Sharon 20 Jan 2003 3:51PM GMT 
John Mulholland 20 Jan 2003 8:36PM GMT 
Rogers_Sharon 21 Jan 2003 7:05AM GMT 
John Mulholland 21 Jan 2003 9:26PM GMT 
Rogers_Sharon 21 Jan 2003 9:53PM GMT 
nora 4 Jul 2004 7:35PM GMT 
Rick Hutton 11 Jul 2004 2:49AM GMT 
nora 12 Jul 2004 8:56AM GMT 
Rick Hutton 22 Jul 2004 8:32AM GMT 
nora 22 Jul 2004 4:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions