Search for content in message boards

Thomas McCall and Sarah Sterrett

Replies: 4

Re: Thomas McCall and Sarah Sterrett

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 6:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Scotland records are on www.familysearch.org and this is
a good idea. (I did a genealogy search through these records for a friends sister and all that I found on the website was correct when she visited Scotland.
All the Scots were transplants from Cromwell forward more in the north 1/2 than the south as all property taken by the British and given as favours to british aristocrats. The UK considered Scots and English farmers better than Irish who they treated abominally. No voting, no schooling and few chapels before 1829. The protestant church was considered the dominant church!
There was also a mandate to increase the number of Protestants in Ireland to outnumber the indigenous Irish.
You find so many English names as well. I couldn't figure that out when I first looked for my husband's family in
Wexford and Wicklow.
I did some research for a friend whose grandfather came from Ireland to Canada in 1901 from Cavan, his parents were Scotland born and returned to Scotland later.

Annette
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pilgrim37 9 Nov 2012 4:18AM GMT 
AnnetteCode 17 Nov 2012 6:01AM GMT 
pilgrim37 17 Nov 2012 9:49PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 18 Nov 2012 1:03AM GMT 
pilgrim37 18 Nov 2012 1:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions