Search for content in message boards

Hanna family from Lurgan, Armagh

Replies: 0

Hanna family from Lurgan, Armagh

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 3:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hanna/Hannah
Hi, I'm searching for information regarding my 3x great grandfather Robert Hanna and his father, my 4x great grandfather John Hanna. In 1850 Robert married Margaret Maxwell (daughter of John Maxwell and Sarah Robertson)in Magheralin. On the marriage record it states that Robert and John were weavers from Knocknashane, Shankill parish. Robert's mother/John's wife was Ann Nesbit (unsure about the spelling). I have not been able to get any further with my research. Robert, his wife and children moved to Glasgow between 1868-1870 and the family legend goes that they had to flee Ireland as one of the boys (either Robert or one of his sons) either attempted or actually succeeded in burning down a church or part of the village. If there's any way of finding out more about Robert or John or the story of the Hanna's fleeing Ireland, please let me know I'd be extremely grateful. I'd love to research in local Irish libraries, but I'm in Australia and can't make the trip. Thanks!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions