Am looking for information on Robert and Mary Anne Gamble Porter - siblings, parents, etc.
Robert Porter b abt 1833 married Mary Anne Gamble at Armagh 12 Jul 1851. The marriage record says Robert's father was also named Robert and Mary Anne's father was James Gamble. Robert was a joiner (carpenter who worked in a shop). Several of his children were protestant, so most likely Robert was not Catholic.
Mary Anne died 15 Oct 1865 at MARKETHILL, Armagh, Ireland. From death registry: 33 year old carpenter's wife. Cause: "Exhaustion after having twins = lived 11 hours after last child was born = certified"
By 1871, Robert had re-married to Mary ? and lived in West Derby, Lancashire, England. I cannot locate Robert after the 1871 English Census.
Robert and his first wife, Mary Anne, had the following children:
1. Sarah Porter Phillips
b. 1853 Ireland d. 1934 Iowa, USA
Married John Phillips in Nova Scotia in 1875.
2. William John Porter
b. 1855 Armagh, Ireland d. 1834 Iowa, USA
William John Porter said he was orphaned at age 11 (1866) and he left for American on his own at age 14 (1870)
3. Elizabeth Porter b. 1857 Ireland d. unknown
4. Samuel J. Porter b. 1859 Ireland d. 1859 Ireland
5. Margaret J. Porter b. 1860 Ireland d. 1909 Colorado, USA
6. Mary A. Porter b. 1862 Ireland d. 1907 Iowa, USA
7. Joseph H. Porter
b. 1864 Ireland d. 1872 Lancashire, England (family story/cannot prove death date or location)
8. Robert G. Porter b. 14 Oct 1865 MARKETHILL, Armagh, Ireland d. 1917 Iowa, USA
9. Susana Porter b. 14 Oct 1865 MARKETHILL, Armagh, Ireland d. 1879 (family story is she went to Nova Scotia with Sarah and died shortly after arrival there, but cannot prove.)