Search for content in message boards

Nicholson family of Lurgan, Armagh

Replies: 1

Nicholson family of Lurgan, Armagh

Posted: 12 May 2013 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nicholson, Carbery, Cabrey, Cabery, Hyndes, McConville
Hello; I have a previous post here about my Carbery/Cabrey & Nicholson family;
I am trying to find more info on my 2nd great grandmother; Mary Ann Nicholson who married Joseph A. Carbery/Cabery/Cabrey in 1884 and moved to MA, USA.
On her marriage record of St. Peter's her father James, a farmer, is down as Dead at the time of her marriage; right now there are two sets of possible parents;
James Nicholson and Ann Hyndes or James Nicholson and Rose McConville.
My Mary Ann was born in 1866. (according to all her records here in USA). I should have a more definite answer whenever I can track down her death record (she died in 1934). I know her brother Joseph Nicholson lived a street over from her and her husband in Dorchester, MA (on Patterson St) and I found his marriage record of MA; his folks are down as James and Rose. However a Genealogist in IRE is insisting that James and Ann are my Mary Ann's folks.
Knowing that her father was desceased at the time of her marriage might help me find out which James and wife are her parents;
I also know Mary Ann had siblings who went to Canada from Lurgan, as she would "go up all the time, to help the family up there...." according to my Great Aunt (who is still living), she told me Mary Ann would always bring back Canada Mints for her. Also according to my Great Aunt; Mary was an only daughter? and the youngest?
Any help is appreciated~
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LadyAlaise 12 May 2013 7:28AM GMT 
EileenWilson0... 13 May 2013 5:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic