Armagh Families by Thomas Strothers

Replies: 81

Re: Armagh Families by Thomas Strothers

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 12:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Good Afternoon:

My name is Allen Clark, Gananoque, Ontario, Canada
My e-mail Address is: allen.clark88@gmail.com

I am interested in the Clarke Family the came from The Newtownhamilton, freeduff, Tullyallen area of County Armagh, Northern Ireland in 1833.

My Clarke Family (John & Mary) came from County Armagh in 1833 with at least 2 sons that we know of, James Clarke, and William E. Clarke (My G.G. Grandfather) and I have found out that they had at least 2 daughters with them Catharine 7 years old, and Mary 4 years old.

I am also pretty sure that they had close family relatives in New York State probably Ulster County.

Mary was pregnant and she had twins born at sea.... One lived, and one died.
The living son who was named Daniel Marron Clark, who became the Shoemaker in Cavan Township in Ontario... By the way, It has been said that his father John was a Shoemaker in Armagh Ireland.

In 1833 when my Clarke Family came to Canada there was a Cholera Epidemic in Quebec City Canada, so the ship's captain or in this case the ship's Master took the Ship to an American Port. People have said it was probably New York, but I have never been able to prove it

I have been told that there s a place in the Hudson, Valley, New York State, where a number of Clarke Families from the Newtownhamilton area settled. If anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated.

What I am looking for is someone in Ulster Ccounty of New York State who has knowledge of the Clarkes who came from the Newtownhamilton area of County Armagh to Ulster County, New York State.

Allen Clark
Gananoque, Ontario, Canada

allen.clark88@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Linda Winters Vallee 3 May 2004 7:14AM GMT 
marybrittain1... 4 May 2004 8:27AM GMT 
camvallee 4 May 2004 3:40PM GMT 
allanclark901 7 Mar 2013 7:33PM GMT 
Allan Clark 5 Mar 2004 12:52AM GMT 
Linda Vallee 5 Mar 2004 8:19PM GMT 
karenis_1 4 Mar 2004 7:22PM GMT 
Linda Winters Vallee 4 Mar 2004 11:39PM GMT 
Frank Gebhart 5 Mar 2004 12:10AM GMT 
Dawn Laverty ... 5 Mar 2004 1:45AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions