Search for content in message boards

JOHN THOMPSON/ANNE CUMMINGS of Armagh

Replies: 13

Re: JOHN THOMPSON/ANNE CUMMINGS of Armagh

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 12:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Lyn

Have just returned home and had an interesting visit to Warwick. I am going with the Armagh Thompsons being Adrian's family as there is no record of any others, and they were given as George's parents when I applied for his birth cert. I was given burial numbers for John & went to Warwick cemetry. Found a headstone recording his details and found that Jane was buried in the same grave in 1913, as was Ellis Todd in 1919.
There is also info which the Warwick people found through Ancestry, re some of John & Jane's children, but you may already have this.
When you do get to Warwick you will find it a wonderful experience. I was dealing with 'Elva' and she is a wealth of knowledge. I asked why so many immigrants appeared to have gone to Warwick, and she said that if they were farmers there were 2 large properties that employed them. She hadn't had a chance to investigate this further at the time I was there, but she said she would do so. Apparently one of these properties kept very good records of their employees; the other not so good.

I didn't have the same good fortune in Stanthorpe re the Powers. Had previously applied for Marie's birth cert, but was told by BDM that there were no records. Same story in Stanthorpe, but George's marriage cert says that she was born there.

Have some hope of further info with some old photos I have been promised.

Will keep on keeping on

Margaret
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
a_mthompson 22 Oct 2012 10:49AM GMT 
lynhubbard1 24 Oct 2012 1:42AM GMT 
a_mthompson 15 Nov 2012 7:18AM GMT 
lynhubbard1 16 Nov 2012 5:52AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic