Search for content in message boards

JOHN THOMPSON/ANNE CUMMINGS of Armagh

Replies: 13

Re: JOHN THOMPSON/ANNE CUMMINGS of Armagh

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 11:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Margaret,
Yes, certificates get to be expensive but unfortunately thats the only way. I found marriage cert more reliable than death certificates when tracing back further. Sometimes the info comes from the children and isn't correct.
I can give you names and d.o.b for siblings of Geroges if you are unable to get them. I"ve just sent off to Warwick Hisorical Society seeking info on David Sharpe and Sarah Cummings as they married in Warwick in 1857 (the church wasn't built then only the slab) When the church burnt down marriages took place in the court house. I read this ages ago..think thats the story. According to passenger records
John Ann and Sarah could "read only" John and Anne Thompson appear listed under Married couples. Sarah listed under single females and I guess interviewed separately having her surname spelt Cummings not Cummins. Her details are clearer to read "father Joseph mother Anne living in Armagh"
Ann Janes details are hard to read but seem to be Joseph something Armagh. John Thompson details are parents Alex and Liza Armagh.I would like to get to Warwick sometime soon too but will wait til Historical Society gets back to me. If I can assist with any info or ancestry searches please let me know.
Regatrds
Lyn. P.S. John died before George married thats probably why Anne Jane appears on the marriage cert but she was then Anne Jane Todd.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carol Butcher 7 Aug 2004 2:45AM GMT 
lynhubbard1 19 Jan 2012 3:23AM GMT 
a_mthompson 25 May 2012 1:56AM GMT 
lynhubbard1 25 May 2012 4:15AM GMT 
a_mthompson 25 May 2012 5:04AM GMT 
a_mthompson 25 Sep 2012 12:18PM GMT 
lynhubbard1 27 Sep 2012 4:06AM GMT 
a_mthompson 27 Sep 2012 7:43AM GMT 
lynhubbard1 1 Oct 2012 5:52AM GMT 
jforbes1187 21 Oct 2012 4:27AM GMT 
per page