Search for content in message boards

Malloys/Molloys from Lurgan or Silverwood County Armagh

Replies: 3

Malloys/Molloys from Lurgan or Silverwood County Armagh

Kathleen Eikhof Phillips (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2005 8:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Malloy Molloy Eikhof
In October 1916, my grandmother, Mary Ann Malloy, emigrated to New York with her sister, Sarah Malloy, aboard the Philadelphia. According to the ship's manifest they were met at Ellis Island by their brother, Charles Malloy . They were from Silverwood and Lurgan, County Armagh.

Charles Malloy came to New York a few years earlier and started a window cleaning business in New York City. He later married a woman name Margaret. (I've discovered that Charles and Margaret lived in Flushing, Queens...Jackson Heights, New York and passed in 1975 an 1974 respectively). There was another brother, Henry Malloy, and he too...came to New York before the sisters. I know of one brother who stayed in Ireland and his name was Thomas Malloy. I've been told he was in the Military.

I am looking for Malloy/Molloy family members. My father's mom, Mary Ann Malloy, died when he was two or three. His father remarried and as a result....my dad lost touch with his Malloy/Molloy family.

My dad, R.Thomas Eikhof...(named for his Uncle Thomas Malloy who lived in Ireland), turned 85 this week, and has always wondered about his Irish Family and Heritage. Years ago we began searching records in hopes of at least finding the cemetery in which his mom is buried. We end up with nothing. It has been very disappointing.

I know there are Malloys out there.....perhaps, in the Queens New York area as well as County Armagh and would love it if afer all these years my dad had the opportunity to meet his long lost family.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathleen Eikhof Phillips 13 Mar 2005 3:22PM GMT 
kath12380 31 Dec 2008 4:31PM GMT 
KEP721 31 Dec 2008 5:01PM GMT 
KEP721 31 Dec 2008 5:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions