Search for content in message boards

William Walker of Ballynoch/Tandragee Armagh

Replies: 3

William Walker of Ballynoch/Tandragee Armagh

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 5:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walker, Lockhart, Milligan
I'm looking for any information on my great-grandfather William Walker or his family. He was born in 1890, and we believe it was somewhere in or around Tandragee. For some reason he was raised by his grandparents; we assume his parents died. The name Clarke/Clark somehow comes into play. We don't know if that was his father's last name (meaning an original last name of his) or if it was his mother's maiden name (and thus the name of his grandparents). Beyond that we know nothing of his family.

One clue is a Maggie Clarke of Ballynoch also signed the Ulster Covenant--perhaps they are related.

In 1911 William Walker was the witness at the wedding of Alexander Lockhart (his future brother-in-law) and Sarah Milligan, who was from Ballynoch/Ballinoch. On 28 Sept 1912 he signed the Ulster Covenant at Mullavilly Church indicating he lived in Ballynoch. By August 1913 he had immigrated to Chicago, Illinois, USA via British Columbia, Canada, and in Illinois he intended to stay with a family called the Johnsons who had some former connection to Armagh. In 1921 he sent for Caroline Lockhart of Magnavery, Armagh to move to Illinois where they were married.

If anyone has any information about the Walker/Clark(e?) family or the Lockhart family, I'd appreciate any information you have to share!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lindseythomps... 21 Jun 2009 11:26PM GMT 
maryoak64 23 Jun 2009 3:43PM GMT 
WilmaMcC21 2 Apr 2013 7:44PM GMT 
lindseythomps... 2 Apr 2013 11:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic