Search for content in message boards

Maxwell family, Co. Armagh, 1840s

Replies: 2

Maxwell family, Co. Armagh, 1840s

Posted: 26 Dec 2010 7:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Maxwell, Alexander
Currently researching a Maxwell family with Armagh connection, I'd be grateful if anyone has any relevant information that might help me.

I have a John Maxwell in my tree who, from the records I have found, was born approximately 1844 (give or take a few years) and unfortunately have nothing more specific for his birthplace than County Armagh. He moved to Scotland as a young man, after which I have no trouble keeping track of him, but I'd really love to find more information on the Irish connection.

All I know of his parents are that they were named James Maxwell and Elizabeth Alexander, and that James died sometime in the 1840s or 1850s and that he was a stone mason. John had an older brother, also called James, who was born about ten years earlier than John, but he appears to have been born in Belfast.

Would love to know more details of John's parents (I have no details on their births, marriage or deaths), his place or date of birth, any other siblings he may have had, so I'm posting here just in case anyone may have stumbled across anything on this family. I know from experience it's a long shot, but it's worth a try!

Thanks,
Alan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Alan Maxwell 27 Dec 2010 2:21AM GMT 
cmortimr 7 Mar 2013 8:50PM GMT 
Arlyne68 27 Jul 2013 5:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions