Search for content in message boards

Patrick Lawless

Replies: 1

Patrick Lawless

Posted: 21 Oct 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 11:46AM GMT
Surnames: Lawless, Troy
I am looking for information about Patrick Lawless, son of Thomas Lawless and Margaret Troy of Drumphea, Co. Carlow. He was my great-uncle. His four sisters emigrated to New York in the early years of the century, but he remained at home on the farm. My uncle thinks he may have married late in his life. One of my great-aunts visited Drumphea in 1929, and a receipt in her files, as well as land records, suggest she may have assumed title to the land at that time, which would suggest that Patrick was dead. However, family photos from the same trip show an older man who may have been her father Thomas, as well as a younger couple. By the 1960s, the farmhouse was abandoned. Anyone have any information? Also, an old photograph kept by my grandmother shows a cemetery plot with a Troy stone and a Hynes stone. It was a large important-looking cemetery, and not the one in Drumphea. Any ideas where it might be?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lostancestors 21 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
susanparrow1 1 May 2013 1:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions