Search for content in message boards

Scattery Island families

Replies: 86

Re: Scattery Island families

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 2:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Grace

Just when you think you have found em all another Scattery relative appears, tho it wouldnt be difficult with the marriages of the island. Yes I am connected to Moran, Brennan and McMahon. My GGGG Grandparents were Patrick Brennan and Ellen Melican b. 1783. I have recently been contacted by another cousin of ours Vicki Novak Downey we share the same 4 x Grandparents, she has our family tree on here. I have recently moved house and my book from Don is still packed. I was related to Don Scanlan but would have to follow the tree through to say exactly how. Sadly Don died about 4 years ago. Need to pm you with more details of the history I have. Have you been to Scattery ? My GG Grandfather John Harris (who married Catherine Melican) worked for the Limerick Harbour board, during one of his meetings as recorded in the minutes James Cahill is mentioned as having his pilots licence restored after some incident and that the board gave him assistance to go to America. You wouldnt be related to the Harris family as they originated from County Cork , he married a Melican from the Island. Was YOur Grandmother Mary Cahill that married Thomas Hanrahan ? Sorry dont know the time frame you are in but Mary Cahill was born around 1883. I am also related to the name Corbett a family that also came from Kilbaha originally.

Carol
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sanderscaro 25 Jul 2011 4:30PM GMT 
ScatteryIslan... 25 Jul 2011 7:46PM GMT 
sanderscaro 25 Jul 2011 8:50PM GMT 
midnirdr1 5 Oct 2012 11:47PM GMT 
sanderscaro 3 Feb 2012 9:18AM GMT 
midnirdr1 10 Feb 2012 4:36AM GMT 
EugeneVer 6 Aug 2009 10:40PM GMT 
sanderscaro1 8 Aug 2009 6:19PM GMT 
ScatteryIslan... 2 Oct 2012 10:14PM GMT 
sanderscaro 3 Oct 2012 2:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions