Search for content in message boards

MORAN

Replies: 2

MORAN

Nolan Moran (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 1998 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
About 1670-90, James Moran and Elizabeth Rice of County Clare ,had at least 3 sons...Thomas, Peter,and John (poss. a William or a Gabriel) .The sons left County Clare and came to Maryland settling in the Charles County area . Thomas Moran married Ann Gorman in Ireland according to tradition and had Gabriel,James ?, Mary, and Elizabeth.Their son Gabriel (bc1690-d.1734) married Elizabeth Villett (poss. a French Huegenot) purchased Lot# 35 in 1714 in Calverton Manor and had John, Peter, Andrew, and William .There is a tradition that indicates the Morans were originally from County Offaly ...removing to County Clare during Cromwell's reign of terror .Some of the descendants of Gabriel emigrated to the West ,but William Thomas Moran(bc1730) my grt-grt-grt-grt grdfather, came South to Halifax County,NC about 1768 where he died in 1797. His children settled in NC, Ga, and KY.
I would like to connect with an Irish Moran family researcher who can help me firm up
the family traditions in my heritage.
Possibly Thomas and the sons of James were "snowgeese" who fled to France for a short time before coming to America.
It would be wonderful to find an Irish cousin who knows about this family and is willing to share information with me.
Thanking you in advance,
Nolan Moran
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Nolan Moran 6 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Heighho16 12 Aug 2013 8:23PM GMT 
codeannette_1 5 Nov 2013 2:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions