Search for content in message boards

McNamara surname

Replies: 22

Re: McNamara surname Clare Heritage Centre

Posted: 8 Sep 2002 11:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Oct 2005 3:08PM GMT
I sent a whole packet of information to the Clare Heritage Centre. I put each family on a printed family group sheet. That sheet listed all the children that I knew about and all the dates and loctions I knew. I did that for all the generations on both sides.

I SENT a United States bank check. Weeks and weeks later I received a fat letter. All it had was the SAME note SAME information that I had given them and sometimes less and said that THEY had found this and that they needed more money!

It brings back sad family menories to show the same thought pattern. My father was from Ireland. His own sister when we went 3000 miles to visit her told my mother who told me "Don't send those folks money. They have more than we do." I also have a letter from the sister telling the same thing.

My father denied his own legal family house heat, medicine, doctor and denist visits, food, clothes, etc and etc. He did not believe in Christmas gifts and birthday gifts, etc. We never celebrated those days in his presence. I remember him Screaming at me because I bought him a gift for Valentine's Day. He never opened the cards from us for those days. When I found them after he was dead, I threw them away.

BUT he sent money and lots of it to a brother and his children he never met. I have letters telling that they partied on the money.

Once I paid for my mother and me to go some place for my mother to enjoy. He gave her a little money with a Big fan fare. I have records of him in the same month giving Double the amount to Ireland.

They were able to add on to their house and property. Our house temperature was down to 40 F winter and 100 F summer. He gave them Christmas presents and wedding presents and other kinds of presents. I would loved to have had one new book for Christmas or my birthday. My mother could only afford used books that were well worn.

They received all kinds of governent aid for all kinds of schooling. The brother was long dead before they told my father. I did not know until he was dead some of the huge sums of mony that were sent! The oldest daughter was Forced by her father to write. The others did not ever, I think. The son was not nice when I called. When I emailed him, he told me the computer was down.

I guess that they resent the lack of the Free money.

I see the same mind set at the Centre. Rich stupid Americans to vaccuum lots of money from. No, I have never been there.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bettybopmc 18 Feb 2002 12:43AM GMT 
@@alannal@pro... 19 Mar 2002 1:58AM GMT 
bettybopmc 19 Mar 2002 3:28AM GMT 
mjh0059 20 Mar 2002 2:37PM GMT 
@@alannal@pro... 20 Mar 2002 4:05PM GMT 
mjh0059 20 Mar 2002 4:09PM GMT 
bettybopmc 21 Mar 2002 1:45AM GMT 
ephorvitz1 8 Sep 2002 11:56AM GMT 
@@alannal@pro... 8 Sep 2002 5:05PM GMT 
@@alannal@pro... 8 Sep 2002 5:11PM GMT 
per page