Search for content in message boards

McNamara surname

Replies: 22

Re: McNamara surname

Posted: 20 Mar 2002 6:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Maureen,
Next to Kathleen, Maureen is my favorite name.

I have my own family almost finished except for mullen (and variant spellings) someplace in cork. It seemed once they came to the U.S. Records offices seemed to think County Cork was like a small town or something. Nowhere on their records can I find where the heck in Cork the three siblings were born NOR a Parish where they were christened. Eek.

My son started bugging me to research his father's (RIP) ancestors and once again all I have is they came from "county Clare".

The timing is really bad cause there is a little legal thing going on between the siblings re the estate of another sibling. I am not sure if I will get any co-operation or not.
My mothr-in-law lived with the son and his wife I made the request of and they probably have everything like her retirement and soc sec. records and possible marriage record etc. She also probably talked about the father of this group of seven (five left fighting it out). He died when my husband was thirteen. All I know about the father for sure is that he served in the US Army Infantry during WW I. but I'm not sure if he was born in Ireland or the US.

He ended up in the East San Francisco Bay area working in construction was injured and died leaving her widowed with the 7 kids.

Someone has all that information. One brother made a crack about finding skeletons and I said who the h___ cares! I wanted to tell him to check out his Parish church if he is worried about skeletons. He is playing Mr. Holyier than thou.

Oh and there is a cousin about the same age as the siblings whose mother was the kid's father's sister, he certainly might be able to help-IF they will just send me his name and address.
I tend to get up set. Stay in touch,
Helen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bettybopmc 18 Feb 2002 12:43AM GMT 
@@alannal@pro... 19 Mar 2002 1:58AM GMT 
bettybopmc 19 Mar 2002 3:28AM GMT 
mjh0059 20 Mar 2002 2:37PM GMT 
@@alannal@pro... 20 Mar 2002 4:05PM GMT 
mjh0059 20 Mar 2002 4:09PM GMT 
bettybopmc 21 Mar 2002 1:45AM GMT 
ephorvitz1 8 Sep 2002 11:56AM GMT 
@@alannal@pro... 8 Sep 2002 5:05PM GMT 
@@alannal@pro... 8 Sep 2002 5:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions