Search for content in message boards

Murphy's and Murray's of County Clare

Replies: 13

Re: Murphys and Murrays of County Clare

Posted: 23 Sep 2013 4:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Ellen
This is my first access to your query.I am William,Joseph's son living in Florida.You have everything correct except
Joe only had one son, me .The daughter you refer to is probably Betty who is Jim's daughter. Joe, Jim and mike
Lived in New Rochelle N Y.Tim lived in Palisades NJ and Arthur lived outside Boston.Emily lived in NY City and returned to Ireland and lived with Angela.Uncle Tim worked in N Y City school system.Uncle Jim And Mike were police officers.Joe was superindent of highways and
Tim owened a store outside Boston.As I can remember,Tim had a daughter ,Mary and two sons,Dennis and Teddy.Jim had one daughter,Betty.Mike had all sons James,Vinny and Joseph.I don't remember much about uncle Arthur.My father was very active in the IRA receiving medals and a lifetime pension from the Irish government .He died in 1978.
I have been back to Ballyshanny many times.Uncle Tim was an educator, poet and an author.I was told Uncle Tim was Chancellor for the NY City school system but have not verifyed that.
The two families involved in Ballyshanny were the Collin's and Murphy's.The other estate involved owned by the Collin's was the Poplar House still very active today for vacationer's.from Europe.
I hope this information is helpful .

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ERuadh 1 Feb 2007 3:43PM GMT 
William Murph... 23 Sep 2013 10:24PM GMT 
mintonbea43 31 Jan 2007 8:36PM GMT 
Marie Greta Murphy 29 Jul 2002 1:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic