Search for content in message boards

Re: Haskett and Finucane of Co. Clare

Replies: 36

Re: Haskett and Finucane of Co. Clare

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 12:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
David,

I looked at the link and then at the entry records again. The name Christine Westergard looks as if it is part of the entry for the previous person. Martin was single when he died, so there was no wife with a possible married sister. Martin was listed as female on this entry record, so I ignored it the first time I looked at it. I think now the occupation might be Saloon attendant, whatever that was.

Thank God for Martin, though. It was through him that I learned about Killaloe. When I found my grandfathers gravesite I found Martin was buried there too. And Martin has more information than anyone else so far. So at the grave is George, his first wife Annie, his second wife Ellen (Nellie, my grandmother) and MIchael, their son who died in infancy. I don't think George and Annie had any children. Annie was the daughter of Thomas O'Rourke and Marcella Gannon. I'm not sure if I have immigration records for George and Annie or not.

The request from the Brooklyn Eagle sounds to me as if Ann (mother) must have died or taken ill and Martin went home.

I have to sit with a chart each time I try to trace these people. The Irish like to re-use names. So many Georges, Anns, Marys and Margarets...!!! While I am thinking about it, I came across a couple of group photos on the web that included a Thomas Haskett. Maybe a relative???

Have you ever tried getting records from Ireland or the International Ancestry?

Karen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
margyvalenti2... 27 Sep 2013 12:00AM GMT 
David Haskett 18 Mar 2014 4:33PM GMT 
margyvalenti2... 21 Mar 2014 8:20PM GMT 
margyvalenti2... 21 Mar 2014 9:19PM GMT 
KWenick1 28 Sep 2012 4:23PM GMT 
KWenick1 28 Sep 2012 6:13PM GMT 
David Haskett 28 Sep 2012 8:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions