Search for content in message boards

Milltown Malbay, Co. Clare

Replies: 8

Re: Milltown Malbay, Co. Clare

Posted: 29 Mar 2007 5:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Maroney
Thank you for replying to my inquiry.

As it turns out I have found out a bit more concerning my line of the Maroneys. It appears through the 1930 Clinton, Massachusetts Census Annie Maroney Reardon-whose is the daughter who I believe is one of the elder sons of Michael Maroney and Lucy Killeen-lists her father has coming from Tipperary Ireland.

In finding Patrick's marriage vitals-he married Annie Duane Gorman with son John-who later took the Maroney name-her family is listed from Galway-it appears Michael may have married twice since Patrick lists his mother as Ellen. Besides Ann, John, Mary, Katie and Michael, children of Patrick ended up in Clinton, Massachusetts. Unfortunately Michael and his wife had no children. John had two daughters and died young. Ann had two children with George Reardon-both sons have not been found to have any family. I have yet to find Katie or Mary. There are not many left of the Maroney line in this neck of woods.

However Cornelius Maroney,younger brother, did indeed marry a County Clare woman from Milltown Malbay-I have the exact place Knocksomething written somewhere. I found it at the Clare Library site in the 1901 Census-part of her family,namely her brother Bartholomew and mother Ellen Sexton Mulville are still living in Ireland. Bart must have remained for he is listed as living in Ireland in Margaret's obit. Yhe other brothers-3 of them-went on to live in NYC-two becoming policeman. One John ended up in Montana ranching.

Don't know if any of this connects with you but then thank you for answering my inquiry.

Linda Curtin
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Michael Kelly 26 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
info19187 13 Jan 2007 8:50PM GMT 
LindaCurtin56 15 Jan 2007 2:27PM GMT 
JMSMARONEY 29 Mar 2007 4:54AM GMT 
LindaCurtin56 29 Mar 2007 11:48AM GMT 
JMSMARONEY 29 Mar 2007 10:59PM GMT 
LindaCurtin56 27 Feb 2009 3:00PM GMT 
info1t44h792s... 14 Jun 2010 11:41PM GMT 
s_donehue 17 Apr 2013 11:03AM GMT 
per page