Search for content in message boards

Edward Keating b. 1832-43

Replies: 6

Re: Edward Keating b. 1832-43

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 9:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Keating, Blake
Hello Annette..thank you first of all for your hard work. FYI...i have Edward on all the census after 1860. In 1850 I believe he was in Ct. I found him but his name was misspelled as Katen, and another time it was misspelled as Caton. Also..on the one...they had first name as Nathan. (that is very odd as the name of Nathan appears nowhere repeated in the Keating line.) anyway..I could not find where Edward came , immigrated with anyone. It seemed to me he came alone. They had their first child, a Margaret Keating in New Haven CT. I believe another researcher found that kindly for me a couple years back. I have all the children's names and dates and birth and death. I have Margaret's info as well. I believe that i found a record at some point that had Edward and Margaret Blake getting married in Connecticut. It would have been around the Fairfield, Redding Ridge area. They stayed in CT and had John "Daniel" Keating there as well as son Thomas Blake Keating in 1859 but moved to Oil City, Venengo Co,PA around 1860-1861 because they then had Susan and Mary Ann in Oil City, PA. Sadly Edward died in a catastrophic event in Oil City, that was a fire and flood explosion that killed so many people, that they did not have time to do death records or proper burials etc. So..his death record does not exist, I was told. So, I have no availability in verifying his parents. THOUGH..I have one resource left. He , Edward Keating, had a sister..Margaret Keating who married an O'Connell. I believe that Margaret Keating O'Connell died in Oil City, Venango County, so I will have to obtain her death record next. I do have Ancestry among many other sites I use. I have been at this for 19 years. I love it. I have exhausted many resources and now have to go back for untouched clues. Edward continues to allude me. The one family you listed, of Edward , Margaret and John..i have to check to see if they were in Oil City, but I think I have the same census you put up there. Their son John WAS a teamster but he also worked for the PA RR. He DID move to NY. And..I know that both Margaret and Edward died in Oil City, Venango , PA. My mom was from there. I visit it every summer. i have yet to find their graves though. AND I sure have tried.(I know what cemetery they are in as well.)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SuzanneF63 25 Jan 2013 6:32PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 19 Feb 2013 5:58AM GMT 
SuzanneF63 19 Feb 2013 2:23PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 19 Feb 2013 3:59PM GMT 
SuzanneF63 8 Mar 2013 4:23AM GMT 
AnnetteCode 8 Mar 2013 5:41AM GMT 
SuzanneF63 8 Mar 2013 10:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic