Search for content in message boards

michael ready

Replies: 1

Re: michael ready

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 8:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
I can help with ag lab, agricultural labourer.

There are few birth records for Co. Clare on line.
Other counties have bmd's on an Irish History Foundation website. This is a pay website like most Irish genealogy.
You can try the website with his name and approx. year of birth. I don't have a list of Clare parish's to know if they have records going back that far.

It is possible the family originally came from Scotland there were lots of transplants of Scots to Ireland, and some returned. He may have wanted to be closer to family
and depending on when he left Ireland The Famine might be a contributor. 1840-1850's.

I'm not sure if Ann Fallon might be a married daughter but if so the family connection is usually included even if a boarder. Irish families most often seemed to rent from other Irish persons.

There are no census before 1901/1911 that survived so other
records are used as substitutes:

Griffith Valuation: www.askaboutireland.ie

There were 29 Michael Ready/Reidy's in Co. Clare in 1855
15 spelled as Ready (which isn't too important at this point in history)7 in the parish of Kilmurry, 3-Tomgraney, Kiladysert as well as a few other parish's. Some of these might have multiple properties. He would of been a tenant farmer or as noted a agricultural labourer that hired out his services.

The Tithe Applotments took place from 1829-1839 and your Michael would of been an adult by then and probably
no longer living at home. www.genealogy.nationalarchives.ie

1825: (only 1)
Michael Ready Parish Killadysert, Townland Lissyvurriheen

No John Ready in the same Parish although there are 11 in Co. Clare.

The Parish's John & Michael have in common are:

Kilmurry, Tomgraney, Killadysert, Killone, Kilrush,
Tomfinlough.

Scotland has only basics on the census but you can get more detail on Scotland's People

Scotland 1851:

Michael 55 (est 1796) born Ireland living Renfrewshire
Neilston Manse, Scotland, agri labourer
wife Bridget age 50 (1801) born Ireland, children all Ire.
Mary 18, Catherine 16, Agnes 14, Martin 11, Judith 2.

If this is the same family Bridget was only 30 in 1861?

Neither Agnes or Martin are names NOT as common as other such as Mary and Catherine. They were born in Ireland too.

If you have other questions contact me.

Annette Code

Census often have errors as people ready didn't seem to know when they were born, so always give a few years either way.

There were over 200 Michael Ready's in the 1841 UK census born in Ireland.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
redonce 20 Feb 2013 12:07AM GMT 
AnnetteCode 20 Feb 2013 3:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic