Search for content in message boards

Cork-researcher friendlier interface to UK-based Irish reproductive loan records

Replies: 5

Re: Cork-researcher friendlier interface to UK-based Irish reproductive loan records

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 12:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Madeline, unfortunately I cannot find out more about the reproductive loan records. John Grenham's book certainly gave me the impression there are more lurking in the Kew Archives given that these records extend from the 1820's. However I went to the library yesterday and looked at microfiche of the Kew Lists and under reference T 91 it didn't show me anything that looked like Schedule C, Supplementary Statements, or townland returns for any places in addition to what was already digitized. So now I don't know what to think.

You might want to take a look here:
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/browse/C13...

There are other subseries of T 91, e.g., balance books and petty expense books but only for Cork areas represented in 142A and 142B.

It would require visiting Kew I imagine. You would have to ask specifically about records for Cork other than the late famine-era records that have already been digitized and put online that contain borrower data.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
skibbgirl 30 Dec 2012 3:59PM GMT 
JimHoneychuck 31 Dec 2012 2:45PM GMT 
skibbgirl 31 Dec 2012 4:02PM GMT 
MadelineSisk 1 Jan 2013 2:51PM GMT 
skibbgirl 1 Jan 2013 7:24PM GMT 
MadelineSisk 2 Jan 2013 10:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions