Search for content in message boards

Barry family in Cork

Replies: 6

Re: Barry family in Cork

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 12:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barry
Hello Carmel,

I don't have any experience of searching in the US, but others have who might be able to help on where to look. However when I have some basic information I put it onto Ancestry in the form of a basic tree, this will include DOB and estinated marriage date and estimated death details, country of residence and birth if known. Make some basic assumptions on ages most people get married for instance when they are 18-21, the first born normally follows on within two years, and in your case you have information on names of children, maybe the order of birth. Ancestry will help by looking up information and other trees of people with similar family details. If your lucky someone else will know something about your family members, or they form part of their tree if the married into other families.
Its worth a try even if you only take a minimum subscription. When you get some firm dates try looking in the LDS indexs for Ireland, and the general registration indexes are also available for 1865 onwards in most cases. There are also several other places based on location and parishes some or free to search others you pay as you search. LOcal historical Societies can be very helpfull too. You seem to have your starting place in Cork which is something many peiole don't get that much.

Good luck
BR
MikeAB
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
carm85 19 Jan 2013 8:16PM GMT 
MikeABarry 20 Jan 2013 10:21AM GMT 
carm85 6 Feb 2013 11:44PM GMT 
MikeABarry 7 Feb 2013 7:57AM GMT 
MaureenMcCart... 10 Feb 2013 2:11AM GMT 
simon barry 4 Jun 2013 11:10PM GMT 
MikeABarry 6 Jun 2013 9:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions