Search for content in message boards

Hurley family from Cork

Replies: 7

Re: Hurley family from Cork

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 6:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am sorry I did not put more information in my first Query to be honest I really did not think anyone would respond! You are the third person I have heard from and I so appriciate all of you taking an interest in trying to help me with my Hurley Family search. The dates I was given about 2 yrs ago are as follows, all with "about" included.

Denis Hurley 1836 Farranthomas, Co. Cork married
Joanna (or Anna) Crowley (no birth date nor marrage date given)
There children:
1. Daniel 1868(NOW this is my Grandfather and his head stone in Kansas City Kansas says 1876 - 1933) So I do not know which is right. He came to U.S. in early 1900's.
2. Joanna 1872 (name could be Ann/Anna)
3. Bartholomew birth ? Said to have died young (someone spoke of a tree falling on him)
4. Nora 1873 (could be Honora)
5. Mary 1874 (married a Jeremiah O'Mahoney)
6. Catherine 1875
7. Ann 1883 (Married Tomas Collins a farmer, in 1911 census it shows he was 40 yrs, wife was Annie 28 yrs and they had 2 sons John age 2 and Denis age 0
Also Denis Hurley Father-in-law & Julia Hurley age 23 were living there along with a Anne Hennessy age 10 (relative)
8. Julia 1888
There you have it. Joanna/ Anna Crowley was from Derragh, Dunmanway
Of course I have no infomation on the rest of the girls as far as if or who they married and that does make it so very hard. Espically sence I do not have a good understanding of Ireland and the different areas, like parishes and such. So I have not had much success at searching on national archives and other sights. I just give up with frustration and quite looking for a while and then this last time I dicided to post a Query on ancestry message board. I have been very happy that I have actually been hearing from someone. So Thank You for your interest. I forgot to mention that Daniel Patrick Hurley (my grandfrather) married Anna Elizabeth Bowe after he came to America. She was from Cloughjorden and I think she came a couple of yrs before Daniel. I don't know if they had met in Ireland or in America. I am sure my Father said at one time or another but I must not have felt it was important to remember. Oh the thing I want so badly to Kown now that no one is around to tell me.
Sorry for my going on and on.

Thank You again. If you continue to search for me and would like, you can write to me at my email address if you would like, jholliman1@msn.com
Bye for now,
Jacqueline Hurley-Holliman
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
buddyokc11 18 Jun 2013 1:46AM GMT 
AnnetteCode 18 Jun 2013 2:27PM GMT 
buddyokc11 19 Jun 2013 12:44AM GMT 
AnnetteCode 20 Jun 2013 12:10AM GMT 
ohlisao 24 Jun 2013 3:46AM GMT 
jholliman11 25 Jun 2013 12:59AM GMT 
bmdnotices 24 Jun 2013 1:45PM GMT 
jholliman11 25 Jun 2013 1:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions