Search for content in message boards

Keeffe, O'Keeffe, Lysaght family from Fermoy

Replies: 1

Keeffe, O'Keeffe, Lysaght family from Fermoy

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Keeffe, Keeffe, Lysaght, Carroll
I am hoping someone out there can help unlock my next generation or more about the ones I know. My GGG grandparents were David (O)Keeffe and Mary(Maria) Lysaght. They married in Fermoy, Cork County 30 Aug 1831. They had 3 children: Ellen, Arthur, and William. I have baptism records for Ellen and Arthur, also in Fermoy. I have not yet found one for William.
Mary then appears in the 1850 census in Canandaigua, Ontario, New York, married to Mathew Carroll. They had 4 children, John, Jane, Joanna, and Charles. Her son Arthur Keeffe also appears in the census in the same house. William does not appear in this census. He shows up 5 years later with Mary and her 2nd family. Ellen appears in the neighboring town of Farmington, Ontario, New York.
While I have many questions, I would love to know what happened to David. I'm assuming that he died, but I don't know whether it was in Ireland, or in New York. In the same line, I don't know exactly when Mary married Mathew Carroll, however her son John Carroll was born in 1945.
I would also love any information on David Keeffe and Mary Lysaght's parents.
Any help would be wonderful. Thank you in advance.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jandtgallegos 27 Jun 2013 12:24AM GMT 
AnnetteCode 22 Jul 2013 1:53AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic