Search for content in message boards

Rashleigh, rashly, McCarthy, tanner, cussen,

Replies: 12

Re: Rashleigh, rashly, McCarthy, tanner, cussen,

Posted: 6 Oct 2013 8:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rossley, McCarthy, Ellis
Terriaco, if you get this message, please contact me. Soon after I sent my last message I received an email from another great granddaughter of Edward and Mary Rossley who lives in California. She put me in contact of two of her cousins in Ireland who are great grand daughters of James and Elizabeth Rossley McCarthy of Carrigfadda. Elizabeth was the sister of our great grandmother Mary. Long story short, our cousins claim that the Rossley farm is still owned by the family and occupied by John and James McCarthy, the brothers of one of the cousins who contacted me. I've also been talking with another distant cousin who works as a volunteer researcher at the Skibbereen Heritage Center. She is the person who saw my post to you and notified the family. If the farm where John and James are located is actually the original Rossley farm, I sent you on a "wild goose" chase to the wrong place. My apologies, but with commonalities of the Irish names my mistake was an honest one. I believe the farm I was taken to was a Rossley farm, but just not ours. I am basing that on the fact Mr. Ellis's mother told me he had a grandmother named Mary Rossley and he, himself directed us to the farm Dan McCarthy took me too. I thought at the time it was a little unusual the Ellis's got the farm, but never questioned it further. Bottom line there was more then one Mary Rossley. I do believe now that we are the right track to find our Irish relatives and add to our family tree from Edward and Mary Cussen Rossley. If you want get in touch with me and I'll add you to the email thread I've got with our three cousins and introduce you more of our Rossley cousins here in NYS. I might have told you already, but there was a Rossley family reunion in July at the home of Edward a Rossley in Bovina Center, NY. Next one is scheduled for 2015 at the same place. Kind regards, cousin Kevin.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
terriaco 10 Jul 2013 3:06PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 15 Jul 2013 3:39PM GMT 
terriaco 17 Jul 2013 4:34PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 17 Jul 2013 11:39PM GMT 
terriaco 17 Jul 2013 4:34PM GMT 
Kmccart343 29 Jul 2013 1:26AM GMT 
Kmccart343 29 Jul 2013 1:42AM GMT 
terriaco 12 Aug 2013 11:59AM GMT 
Kmccart343 17 Aug 2013 2:44AM GMT 
Kmccart343 7 Oct 2013 2:28AM GMT 
per page