Search for content in message boards

Timothy Murphy and Edmund Murphy of Castlelyons and Patrick Murphy of Coole

Replies: 2

Timothy Murphy and Edmund Murphy of Castlelyons and Patrick Murphy of Coole

Posted: 24 Dec 2013 7:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello everyone,

Do any of you have any Murphy ancestry from the Castlelyons and Coole areas of Cork? My ancestor Timothy Murphy is mentioned in the following excerpt from an old land record. Timothy Murphy settled in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and the land this record is attached to is still in the possession of a branch of my family.

"Know all men by these present that I Edmond Murphy now of the Parish of Castlelyons in the County of Cork, in that part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, called Ireland cart maker and joiner, only brother and next of kin to Patrick Murphy formerly of Coole in the County of Cork aforesaid but late of Sydney Island Cape Britain in North America now deceased have made, ordained, nominated, constituted, and appointed and by these present Doth make, nominate, constitute and appoint, Timothy Murphy late of Castlelyons aforesaid carpenter, but now of Sydney Island aforesaid, my true and lawful attorney, for me and in my name and for my use, as the only surviving brother, nearest relative and sole heir of the aforesaid Patrick Murphy deceased" Dated 24 th day of February, 1812

Anyone connected to Patrick Murphy who was at Castlelyons in 1812?

Thanks!!

Vince MacNeil
Nova Scotia, Canada
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Vincent MacNe... 25 Dec 2013 2:26AM GMT 
codeannette_1 29 Dec 2013 11:49PM GMT 
Vincent MacNe... 5 Jan 2014 9:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions