Search for content in message boards

Murphys of Milstreet

Replies: 5

Murphys of Milstreet

Declan Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for information on the Murphys of Millstreet, Cork in particular Jeremiah Daniel Murphy b. c. 1885. His father, Daniel Murphy, kept the pub on Main Street (by family tradition); he was listed on his son's wedding certificate as "shopkeeper" so the tradition may be true. This may be the Murphy family listed in Griffith's Valuation as resident on Main Street, Millstreet since many of the given names listed there repeat in my father's family. I believe these Murphys were also related to the Foleys in some way although I have no names except some cousins, Toma and Connie Foley.

Jeremiah Daniel became ill in New York in 1931 (he arrived in 1915), went back to Ireland to convalesce, but died there, date and place unknown although it was probably in Millstreet in the mid- 1930's. He may be buried in the cemetery in the parish of Drishane. He was survived by his wife Ellen Josephine Goggin of Kanturk and 5 children, Jeremiah, Thomas, Edward, Daniel and Nancy.

If anyone out there lives in Drishane and could check the cemetery for me I'd be very grateful for his exact death year. Also is there anyone left of that Murphy line still living in Millstreet?

Thanks for any info.

Declan Murphy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Declan Murphy 17 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Laureen Ahearn 17 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
hibernian51 8 Apr 2013 7:23PM GMT 
joan_griffin 7 Jun 2012 2:34PM GMT 
hibernian51 8 Apr 2013 7:16PM GMT 
joan_griffin 9 Apr 2013 6:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions