Search for content in message boards

Ahern / Barry from Cork

Replies: 3

Re: Ahern / Barry from Cork

Posted: 5 Jul 2013 2:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Oh my goodness, Ann. I am indeed Connie. Oh my, Ann and Jodie. My head just jumped back many many years.

I've been hoping for a long time that someone was working on the Ahern side of the family. I've done tons on my mother's side and tracked them back to the some of the earliest settlers of St. Mary's County. Boy was she surprised.

Real life got in the way, and haven't been doing much research for the last few years, but decided to poke around today and found your message. Couldn't even log in here it's been so long. What a surprise.

Couldn't get too far on either Nannie's family or PJ's. I have pretty much everything for the Ahern's over here, nothing for Nannie here, and nothing back in Ireland for the Aherns. I thought I had found his family on the 1901 Ireland censes, but could not put it together as I had Mary as mother's name and couldn't get by the Bridgett, now I know it's the correct family in Whitegate. Also had John as father's name. I knew he had a brother Edmund and sister Mary, but no other siblings. Recently found the ship he came over on. Thank you so so much for this information. Feel like I hit the lottery today!

I also noticed that your tree is not public and you have a letter from PJ to John, my father or his brother John? Would love to see it as well as the portrait of PJ. When I fell heir to my mother's things after her death, I have several pictures of Nannie but none of PJ.

Re Barry's -- I have been to Mt. Olivet (have photo of marker if I can find it) and have a lot of info on Bartholomew's family here, some I found and some supplied by Mark, but only the info that you saw from Mark posted on the other Barry Board from Ireland. I too, don't think his info from Ireland is correct due to the names and have not gone with it.

Going to Ireland -- I am green with envy. Keep saying one day I'll get over there.

I'd be more than happy to pass on any info etc. that I have about the families for your tree.

Connie

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
C. Ahern 24 Jul 2003 11:56AM GMT 
AnnieA6508 14 Feb 2013 1:35AM GMT 
chag17181 5 Jul 2013 8:09PM GMT 
AnnieA6508 6 Jul 2013 2:05AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions