Search for content in message boards

Eugene MACARTHY - Another Connection to Blarney Castle!

Replies: 6

Hugh MacColl

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 2:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MacColl
Hi Dax
My name is Grant Law and I am the City Registrar for Dundee City Council. a chap from Spain (Javier Terenti) had been in regular contact with me and our Archivist about some research he is conducting about Seville FC and there is a direct connection to your grandfather (see message below). His e-mail address is sfcbiris@gmail.com . My phone number is 01382 43523. Wuld you be willing to contact Javier or myself re this research? Thanks Grant
As I told you, we have recently discovered that Sevilla FC was founded in 1890 by a group of mainly Scottish men, being thus the oldest Spanish football club. Thanks to the information you sent me about our first president, Edward Farquharson Johnston, our research has advenced considerably. However, apart from what you sent me about our first captain, Hugh (Hugo) Maccoll, we know only a little bit about him.

I have found this link in which Dax Wright says that Hugh Maccoll was his grandfather and that he has a lot of information about him. However, I have not been able to contact Dax Wright, since I only have his/her name which perhaps is not his/her true name. It seems he has information and photos related to him and the company he founded in Sunderland together with Gilbert Reid Pollock (another Scottish founding member of our club). The company was Maccoll & Pollock. Please, I would need to contact this person, but it is very difficult for me to do it from here, since I do not know his/her true name, nor any other data. Please, could you help me?

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Scbnymph 10 Oct 2004 7:55PM GMT 
daxwright 21 Feb 2010 6:37PM GMT 
carlenelwilli... 14 Nov 2010 10:23PM GMT 
carlenelwilli... 14 Nov 2010 10:23PM GMT 
grantlawuk 24 Oct 2012 8:10AM GMT 
ricval_1 29 Dec 2012 4:00PM GMT 
ricval_1 29 Dec 2012 4:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions