Hally / Haly / Hawley / English

Replies: 5

Re: Hally / Haly / Hawley / English

Posted: 22 Jan 2005 11:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Oct 2005 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: Hawley, Hally, Haly
Thanks Sandy.

I found on a CD for families in Wuapaca and Outagamie Counties that Michael Hawley of Union city Iowa married Anne Devine. I believe the marriage took place in Neenah, Wisconsin. Michael's father was Timothy Hawley. My guess is that he is Michael Hawley's grandson, and ggrandson of Michael and Kate Hawley. My mother's father's sister Frances Clark of Bear Creek, Wisconsin married Martin Devine who is a nephew or grandnephew of Ann. This is a connection on my mother's side of the family in addition to the Scanlan and Powers ancestors on my father's side of the family. I believe it was Rev. Lambert Scanlan who first came up with the Cork origin of the Hawleys.

BTW, Rev. Scanlan is apparently descended from Hawleys on both sides of his family; from Ellen on the father's side (Scanlan/Powers), and from Nora on the mother's side (Bradley/Murphy). This being the case, my earlier speculation that the Bradley's of Cooperstown were Protestant is probably wrong. There is an Irish family which took the name Bradley in Cork. Lambert was probably all Irish. He sure was active in Irish organizations.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Michael O'Hea... 21 Jan 2005 8:56PM GMT 
Sandra J Hawley 22 Jan 2005 2:53PM GMT 
Michael O'Hea... 22 Jan 2005 6:19PM GMT 
Judy Hawley 11 Jan 2013 3:51PM GMT 
Michael O'Hea... 11 Jan 2013 6:00PM GMT 
sjhawley 20 Feb 2005 5:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions