Search for content in message boards

William Kelly

Replies: 15

Re: William Kelly

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 5:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather is William P. England, and was a sharpshooter for William Cody. He also worked in a traveling show troupe with Cody snd Annie Oakley. He was born in 1864 (I would need to check on this for sure from his runeral memorial) and lived until he was 96. I am his grand-daughter. He and I lived in Dayton, Ohio at the time of his death. There is an illustrious report of his life that was published around the 1960s in the Dayton Daily News. It has picturesd of him as well as his then current wife - and a gun he owned. It gives much of his career with Cody and Oakley. My mother (his daughter) was named Ida Belle England. My father, Carl E. Raffel. We lived on Kipling Drive in upper Dayton View until my parents moved to Sarasota in 1969. I then married Thomas Noirot, divoreced him and married John Cranmer in 1986. I now live in Greenville, SC.
William P. England was a real rounder! He was married at least twice - and my Mother was actually raised in the Children's Home because of the large family my grandfather had. I also believe that he either lived with or married an Indian squaw - but this is just what I heard from my family. I believe my Mother's mother, one of England's wives, was called Nora Sharpe (or Sharp). Not known whether or not she was of Indian origen ... but I was told i could have 1/8 Indian blood. My mother told me that my ancestry was: Scotch-Irish, Indian and German (German being from my father, Carl E. Raffel). So, this info could support the "Irish" ancestry of which you spoke.
I do have supporting info on William P. England's birth/death - his relationship with Cody and Oakley -

I am looking for info right now on my Indian heritage - if my mother could be the daughter of an Indain squaw.

One of my mother's sisters was named JUANITA KELLY. Another was named Marie Conrad. They were both nee England. Juanita married a Kelly and had a son, Denny Kelly, who was my cousin. I am age 63. Am I related to your husband? Or is there confusion about the name ENGLAND and Kelly?

It seems that there is some "closeness" of info here that cannot be discounted ??? Plus, since I was born in Dayton, OH it seems that this is more than coincidental ... ???

What was your mother's name??

Sandy Cranmer
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Diane Kelly Runyon 2 Nov 2002 10:43PM GMT 
rosekelly1017... 3 Nov 2002 3:15AM GMT 
catsherbine 26 Mar 2013 7:48PM GMT 
pairnoirotsac... 5 Dec 2012 12:21AM GMT 
phatnsassy69 26 Mar 2013 2:26PM GMT 
phatnsassy69 26 Mar 2013 3:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions