Search for content in message boards

Adelia TRESSON, m. Laurence O'REILLY

Replies: 9

Re: Adelia TRESSON, m. Laurence O'REILLY

Posted: 27 Jun 2008 5:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi.My name is Sean Tresson.I havent been on this website in a few years but came accross your post and it caught my attention.I am the youngest of 11 children by Patrick Tresson of Dun Laoghaire (rip 2007) and Margaret ( o'toole of dalkey rip 1979).My grandfather,also Patrick Tresson originated from Blackrock,Dublin.He married nellie merigan and had 6 children.Patrick,Carmel,Connie,Roseline,Hubert and mary (who died in infancy)the reason I am contacting you is because we all still live around the ballybrack area from which you said Adelia Tresson lived and this is very interesting.We have tried to research the name as we are the only Tressons we can find in ireland are trying to piece together our history.So far all we know is the the name tresson in its present form pops up in a place called Cottage in Mayo.I think the name was Hubert Tresson.we found evidence that in the 1850 the family emigrated to america and canada with 2 sons.Family legend has it that the father and mother died and the young son hubert was sent back to ireland to live with aunts in blackrock.nothing is known of what happend to the other boy or if there were any more children.my uncle visited canada in the last few years and found a hubert tresson stud farm.the name hubert passes down through my family for many generations.it was my great grandfather hubert who was sent back to ireland to his aunts who went on to have my grandfather Patrick,who named his son hubert also.all of these are burried in deansgrange cemetary.the problem we have found in trying to research the name is the fact that there was so many clerical mistakes made on the likes of birth certs etc. the level of education in some clerical areas was low and mistakes in spelling were easy to spot.In one case a family member had a set of twins and the surnames of each child was spelled differently.one being Tresson and the other Treston.We have always been told it was a french name and a theory is that it was a french soldier who landed in mayo in 1798 rebellion whoo settled and married a local girl.but thats just one theory.I havent got the information in front of me so i am typing this from memory so i am sorry about lack of details.But there must be some connection with Adelia Tresson and my family.the surname is very rarely spelled correctly and the places and times are similar.if you can give any further information please do and hopefully i may be of some help to your search.

slan mo chara,

sean tresson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
A. Dotson 30 Aug 2001 2:50AM GMT 
sean tresson 1 Aug 2003 8:37PM GMT 
micktresnan 20 Feb 2013 8:59PM GMT 
mairead tresson 29 Feb 2004 2:39PM GMT 
seantresson19... 27 Jun 2008 11:44AM GMT 
gregtreston1 17 Aug 2008 2:20AM GMT 
martin roe 26 Jan 2010 12:46AM GMT 
gregtreston1 27 Jan 2010 10:43PM GMT 
martin roe 28 Jan 2010 8:51AM GMT 
A. Dotson 31 Jan 2010 7:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions