Search for content in message boards

Patrick Byrne Family of Dublin & Immigrant Sons to Canada

Replies: 2

Patrick Byrne Family of Dublin & Immigrant Sons to Canada

Posted: 18 Feb 2007 2:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for ANY information regarding PATRICK BYRNE (no birth date know, possibly 1820s) and wife MARY (?) of Dublin.

KNOWN CHILDREN:
1)CHARLES BYRNE (Oct 04, 1849 - Apr. 02, 1936 according to Canadian Death Registration). Immigrated from Dublin to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada in April of 1881. Died Apr. 02, 1936, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. Occupation: Harness maker and farmer. Married Oct. 12, 1887, to Louise Bratnober, Sacred Heart Cathedral, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. Marriage and Death certificates verify parents as Patrick Byrne and Mary (no last name).
Dublin City Directory for 1850 lists a Henry Byrne at 90 Bride Street, who was a harness maker. This may possibly have been an uncle and possibly Charles may have apprenticed with this Byrne.

2)Peter Byrne (Feb. 23, 1852 - Feb 04, 1934 according to Canadian Death Registration). Married in Ireland, likely Dublin, to an Agnes May (Jan. 31, 1850 - May 08, 1921). May might not have been her surname, but a middle name. Peter and Agnes immigrated to Winnipeg, Canada between 1879 and 1881. Their first born, John is listed as born in Ireland and two years of age at the time of the 1881 Canadian Census (Winnipeg, Manitoba). John does not appear in any following census in Canada and is presumed passed on.
Peter and Agnes relocated to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan where they farmed until their passing.

3)Andrew Byrne (Aug. 12, 1857 - Jan. 15, 1947). Andrew left Dublin early in the year of 1887 and immigrated to western Canada, where he settled in the Stanleyville District near Prince Albert, Saskatchewan and farmed close to his brothers Charles and Peter. Andrew remained a bachelor all his life. His death registration confirms parents as Patrick Byrne and Mary (?)

There was possibly a fourth brother named John who was rumoured to have immigrated to Winnipeg. I verified a John in the 1881 or 1891 Census for Winnipeg, but was unable to follow up more on this individual.

I would dearly appreciate any assistance with this Byrne family. Their birth dates precede government registration for births. Church records could verify the family. Until I can locate these, I am unable to follow-up the family further. This is a concern as Charles Byrne is my wife's greatgrandfather and I would like to add the missing pieces to the family's genealogy. Any help from the Byrnes or resource people from Dublin would be most welcome.
Regards
Lee
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
leegoo 18 Feb 2007 9:23PM GMT 
ChadByrne 1 Dec 2012 12:18AM GMT 
AnnetteCode 1 Dec 2012 6:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic