Search for content in message boards

Sir Edmund BURKE

Replies: 4

Sir Edmund BURKE

Posted: 23 Jul 2008 5:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BURKE, NOLAN, McNAMAR, CUMMIN, KENNEDY, KELLY, etc.
I have been told we are related to Sir Edmund Burke through his sister Annie. I can't find any of this info, without paying with my first-born (which could be traded for REALLY good info. lol)
My gr grandparents were born in IRELAND 1840's and 1850.
She in Parsonstown?, he, unknown.
My fathers uncle put the info on the death certs and being a man, I am not sure the info is correct.

Great Grandfather: Patrick NOLAN b. ca 1841 IRELAND
parents listed as M. NOLAN & Mrs NOLAN.
Was in Chicago COOK ILLINOIS by 1876, where he married my
great grandmother: Elizabeth MCNAMARA b. ca 1850 IRELAND
to Patrick McNamara & either Kathleen or Annie KENNEDY.
town said to be Parsonstown for Elizabeth.
NO COUNTIES KNOWN.
Names I know for them here were:
CUMMINS, MARSHALL, BURKE, CARPENTER, CRIBBIN, HANEY, and more.
Can't find when either of them immigrated, or where they lived when first landed. Don't know if they were in Chicago for the "Great Fire of 1871" which was in the Irish section
of Chicago. Apparently they had 8 children, 3 of which died young. They were Mark, Annie, Patrick, John, James J.,
Frank, Mary Agnes, and Thomas Joseph.
All christened at Our Lady of Sorrows Bascillica (catholic) in Chicago. First 4 children buried at Calvary Cemetary in Evanston Illinois, next to Chicago, where many a NOLAN is buried. Others, including Liz and Pat, are buried in Mt.Carmel in Hillside IL, also next to Chicago.
My father heard some stories, but as a young child. His brother had a chart done, including the name of the home they lived in in IRELAND. That was burned in a fire.
Their cousins were born after the grandparents, Pat & Elizabeth were dead. They heard stories also, but as children, they are not sure which is what.
I know this info is not very useful, but It's all I have.
All I could find was a few baptism certs of the kids, which provided no useful info. Everything simply IRELAND, no county.
I am hoping if I can find info on the siblings or parents of Patrick & Elizabeth, I can find the way back.
My father, Robert Michael Carr, was said to be named after
both of his grandfathers. Michael was the Carr ancestor.
All we ever heard the Nolan, or McNamara(gr grandfather) referred to was PATRICK.
If anyone has info on the siblings of Edmund Burke, Annie in perticular, but all would be grand, please contact me at: vmartinez5946@aol.com.
Thank-you for any time you could spare.
I know Burr or whatever is near Dublin, used to call Parsonstown, but CORK, MAYO, KERRY and other county names where always mentioned.
HELP. It would make my sister Patty, born St,Patricks Day, and who only recognizes the IRISH in her, would be thrilled.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
immisty038 23 Jul 2008 11:53PM GMT 
SarahHine77 23 Sep 2008 5:10PM GMT 
SarahHine77 25 Sep 2008 7:58AM GMT 
Claire909 25 Sep 2008 10:17AM GMT 
catherinequil... 9 Sep 2012 2:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions